The Coalfield Progress is reporting that there has now been cases of staph verified at UVA-Wise and another case at Appalachia High School.
The Coalfield Progress is reporting that there has now been cases of staph verified at UVA-Wise and another case at Appalachia High School.
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
Dang that is horrable......Are the UVA-Wise or Appy person a football player?
I haven't read the article yet, only saw the headline. Hope to find out more later.
I'm just puzzled at how there could be such an outbreak of staph this year.
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
From what I have been told the fact that the weather is still in the 90's has something to do with it but I think that there has to be more to it than that
Staph is not an uncommon infection. It's just getting a lot more attention these days, because of the Appy game cancellation.
Keep in mind these aren't reported as hospital-stay requiring infections (only one was so far).
Hygiene, not weather, has everything to do with contracting a staph infection.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
I can see that, back in my day everyone showered after gym class at school and after practice/games now days it seems that many have some type of phobia of group showers LOL could be that is leading to these issues
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Staph is not an uncommon infection. It's just getting a lot more attention these days, because of the Appy game cancellation.
Keep in mind these aren't reported as hospital-stay requiring infections (only one was so far).</div></div>
Hygiene, not weather, has everything to do with contracting a staph infection.
I agree up to some point...but poor hygiene has been around for a long time and we didnt seem to have this much outbreak, especially, the 11 football players at Northside.
BTW, I know of 2 hospitalized in the area.
:
[img]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f304/Betty725/d906_bBetty-Boop-Kiss-Posters.jpg[/img]
2 comment on this topic is something I felt that I needed to do. My son had a simple knee scope @ Norton Community Hospital. Dr. Mullins & his staff did the procedure. They were no major damages present. BUT!!! the days following my son developed severe swelling & pain w/alot of redness. He eventually had to be re-admitted , this time to I.C. U.he stayed several nights , he was having severe cramps,fever etc. White blood count went thru the roof. surgery was performed & a drain was installed to draind the infection out. The cut itself was left open with a rubberband holding his calf muscle apart for drainage. He never got any better in 5 days. We as parents, were worried about dropfoot syndrom. he had to be transferred to Indian path medical center. for a infectious desiese docter to review his case. eventually he ended up with a total of 4 surgeries for the knee joint to washed out every so often & the interior of the knee scrubbed & rinsed the drain in the calf muscle stayed open for 22 days. He stayed in the hospital for thuis lenght of time. He develope d anothe infection which is called sepsis @ this time period also. My son still has problems. Dr. said he survived a 40% mortality rate. he never played a nother game after he came out of hospital So a warning ; be careful the facility you all use for knee scopes.
Success is never final;
Failure is never fatal;
It is courage that counts.
when was this?
Bookmarks